Frequently Asked Questions
1.1. The Nozzle could be blocked. Follow the Cleaning instructions on page 16. If this does not clear the blockage refer to page 14 to descale your machine.
1.2. The inserted capsule could be faulty. Wait a few moments before opening the Lever, flush the machine through and then try again with another capsule.
1.3. Ensure that the Lever is properly closed and the Capsule Basket is empty.
1.4. There could be air trapped in the pipework. Remove the capsule and ensure that the Water Tank is full. Press the Coffee or Tea Button. Water should exit the Nozzle. If it doesn't, press again to release the trapped air.
2. Remove the Water Tank and fill with fresh water.
3. Position by aligning the connection and pushing down firmly. Tip: Bubbles rise in the Water Tank when it is correctly seated. Then push the Water Tank Lid down to cover the Water Tank.
1. Turn the machine off and remove the Water Tank. Refill with fresh water and then place the Water Tank back onto the machine. Follow instructions on page 08-09 before dispensing.
2. Remove the capsule and ensure that the Water Tank is full. Press the Coffee or Tea Button. Water should exit the Nozzle. If it doesn't, press again to release the trapped air.
1. There will be a small amount of condensation forming underneath the capsule machine after making numerous beverages. This is safe and does not mean the machine is leaking.
2. Ensure that the Water Tank has been correctly inserted. When refilling with water, always switch off the capsule machine and only then remove and refill the Water Tank. Otherwise, water could leak from the appliance. If you still feel the capsule machine is leaking, stop, unplug and contact Dualit customer services for help.
1. Each time coffee is dispensed, essential oil is deposited in the Nozzle. Descale and follow instructions on page14-15.
2. Use Dualit or Nespresso® capsules*.
3. Check your capsules are in date. Stale coffee affects crema and taste.
4. Ensure that you are not using the Tea Button for Coffee.
*Nespresso® trademark is owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A
1. The factory setting of the machine is programmed to 35ml for the Espresso Button, 70ml for the Lungo Button and 180ml for the Tea Button.
2. Yes. Please follow 'Programmable Dosing Memory' on page 12.
1. The capsule machine interrupts the dispensing of the tea or coffee prematurely
2. No, the programming is not affected by unplugging the appliance.
3. It takes a little time for the capsule machine to achieve the optimum water temperature (approx. 30-60 seconds). Once it does, the buttons will illuminate and will be ready to dispense tea or coffee.
1.1 The Capsule Basket could be full. Please empty it.
1.2. Ensure that you fully lift the Lever.
2. The Capsule Basket could be full. Please empty it.
1. Fill up the Water Tank & dispense just water.
2. Descale regularly. See page 14.
3. Ensure you are not using Tea Button with Coffee Capsules.
1. Fill up the Water Tank & only dispense water.
2. Descale regularly. See page 14.
3. Contact Dualit customer services for help.
1. Press Coffee or Tea Button to reactivate the machine. The Buttons will flash and the machine will warm up, ready for use. ALWAYS SWITCH OFF & UNPLUG AFTER USE.
1. Press and hold Tea & Coffee Buttons for 5 seconds to exit.
1. Unplug the device and remove the Water Tank. Ensure the machine is placed on a flat, even surface. Ensure the Water Tank and Capsule Basket/Drip Tray are fully located.
1. Press the Coffee Button ensuring no capsule is inside the coffee machine; this will run hot water through internal pipework.
2. Pre-warm your cup by dispensing hot water into it.
PRODUCT FAILURE DUE TO THE BUILD-UP OF LIMESCALE IS NOT COVERED BY GUARANTEE. Dualit recommends cleaning and descaling regularly, in a well-ventilated area to prevent limescale build up in the machine.
Ensure your descaling product is suitable for coffee machines; follow descaling product instructions carefully. If you are using a water softener, ensure water softener is removed before adding descaler. Fill water tank with descale solution. Descale once a month in hard water areas.
The Coffee & Tea Buttons will quickly flash, immediately after switching on, to indicate descaling is required. Ensure your descaling product is suitable for coffee machines and follow descaling product instructions carefully.
Ensure the correct ratio of water is used to create the Descaling Solution. Turn the machine off, remove the Water Tank and fill with the Descaling Solution. Remove Drip Tray and place large container under the nozzle.
Insert Water Tank. Turn on and wait for the Coffee & Tea Buttons to stop flashing. Press both Coffee & Tea Buttons firmly at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. Both Buttons will now quickly flash.
Ensure the Lever is pushed down fully and no capsule is present, then press the Coffee Button to start descaling. Your machine will dispense. This will continue until the Water Tank is empty. Wait 10 minutes for the Descaling Solution to take effect.
Rinse the Water Tank and fill with fresh water. Repeat step 4 (Dispense) and flush at least two full tanks of water through the machine to remove any traces of the Descaling Solution.
To exit the Descale Mode, press both Coffee & Tea Buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. Both lights will go back to solid illumination. NOTE: if the machine is turned off in Descale Mode, it will stay in this mode when switched back on. If you are using water softener, ensure that it is placed back into the Water Tank once the Water Tank is clean.