Frequently Asked Questions
Through normal everyday use, kettles can pick up marks. As the kettle is stainless steel, most marks can be easily removed by wiping down the surface of the kettle with a damp cloth and then finish off with soft dry cloth to remove any smearing. For more stubborn marks, a non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner can be used on the metal sections only.
Wait until your kettle is cool and unplug before cleaning. Do not immerse the kettle or power base in water or any other liquid. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners or solvents.
1. Check the plug is in the socket and the switch is turned on. Replace the fuse if necessary. Note: in order to open the plug, remove the label to reveal the screw.
2. Wait approximately 10 minutes for the kettle to cool down, lift and refill as normal. The kettle is now ready to use again. NOTE: if discolouration of the heating plates has occurred, this can be easily removed by descaling your kettle.
3. The element cannot be replaced. For further assistance call customer services on 01293 652500.
4. The power neon may have blown, and cannot be replaced. For further assistance call customer services on 01293 652500.
1.1 Only fill to the max mark (1.5L).
1.2 Wait 10 seconds to allow the boiling water to settle before pouring.
2. Follow the instructions from the cleaning & care section and rinse throughly.
3. Ensure the filter is in position. For spare filters call Dualit on 01293 652500.
1. Descale your kettle regularly (see cleaning & care).
2. Check the lid is firmly closed during use. If necessary descale lid lip
3. Leave the kettle for 24 hours to fully dry.
1. Dry with non abrasive cloth.