Alternatively use this recipe to make a pizza base for a quick
and healthy lunch - see our Tomato Bread Pizza recipe. We
made the dough in the Food
- 550g strong white flour
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 1 tsp salt (a pinch of salt)
- 50g tomato puree
- 50g sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped finely
- In the large bowl fitted with the dough blade mix together the
flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Mix the water with the tomato puree and slowly add through the
- Mix well until the flour forms a ball.
- Finally add the sun dried tomatoes and process for a further
- The dough should be smooth but not sticky.
- Shape the dough and place in a greased mixing bowl and cover
with a cloth.
- Allow to rise in a warm, draught free place for approximately
1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Place the dough into a greased 1kg tin or shape into individual
rolls and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Brush over with a spoonful of cream or beaten egg
- Bake in a preheated oven 220ºC/Gas Mark 7 for 30-35 minutes or
until golden brown.