Dualit Product Recipe:
Serves Enough for two 8 inch tart cases
Prep Time 25 mins
Cooking Time 60 mins
A pastry perfect for making tarts or tartlets to fill with fresh
summer fruits and cream, or for making short vanilla biscuits. Easy
to make with the Dualit Hand
Mixer using the dough hooks attachment.
- 200g/ 7 oz unsalted butter cubes
- 100g/ 3½ oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp beaten egg
- ½ tsp vanilla or dark rum
- 300g/ 11 oz flour
- Attach the dough hooks to the Hand Mixer. The butter should be a
soft, almost melting consistency.
- In a medium sized bowl, using medium to high speed, mix the
butter and sugar until creamy and you can see the trail of the
- Add the egg and vanilla, beating until the egg is
- Add the flour and mix on medium speed until the dough starts to
cling round the dough hooks in large chunks.
- Working in the coolest conditions possible, tip the dough out
onto a counter and gather it up in your hands, squeezing it gently
to form a smooth sausage shape, with no cracks. Handle it lightly
or it may get oily.
- Chill for a couple of hours in the fridge before rolling
To make a tart case
- Preheat oven to 160C/310F/M2-3. Line the tin with pastry and
trim off the edges neatly.
- Bake the case blind: line the pastry with baking parchment or
foil (larger than the case so that it comes up the sides) and fill
with rice or baking beans.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove rice/beans andparchment/foil and return to the oven for
a further 20 to 30 minutes at 170C/325F/M3 to dry out - keep an eye
on it as you do not want it to turn dark brown.
- Cool before filling with whipped Double Cream and fresh fruit
e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc. Serve
To make individual tartlets or biscuits
- Preheat oven to 170C/325F/M3.
- Grease a tartlet tray. For biscuits, line a baking tray with
baking parchment. Cut the pastry into circles with a cookie cutter,
place on the tray and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until dry.
- Sprinkle biscuits with caster sugar as they come out of the