- Preheat the oven to 120º/140º.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and leave them to drain on a tea
towel, pat off any excess liquid.
- Mix: cornflour, garlic granules, onion salt, chilli, turmeric,
salt and pepper together into a large bowl or container.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves and add to the flour mix.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Place the sliced potatoes into the flour mixture, making sure
to coat them with the flour and coriander mix turning over a few
times and pressing into the flour.
- Immediately and carefully place the slices of coated potato
into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy, then place
on a kitchen towel to soak up any excess oil before placing them
back in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the potatoes have been fried and serve with
natural yoghurt or creme fraiche.
Broccoli and cauliflower florets could serve as alternatives.
Remember to blanch first, drain and pat off any liquid, then coat
with the spicy mix. You can always bake these in the oven too if
Any leftover spicy flour mixture can be used to thicken a gravy
Shallow frying instead of deep fry or using an air fryer.
Try adding different spices to the mix. You could try: ground
cumin, curry powder, ginger, cayenne pepper or thyme leaves in
place of coriander.