Fresh homemade guacamole takes next to no time to prepare using
the Dualit Hand Blender
and makes an excellent little dish to serve with drinks.
For a bright green colour, make this no more than 10 minutes ahead
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and
- roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black
- Cut the avocado into two, discard the stone and scoop out the
flesh with a spoon into the chopping bowl.
- Add the garlic and onion and pulse a little with the hand
blender to mix.
- Add the tomato, cumin and some salt and pepper and continue
pulsing until the tomato is roughly crushed. Then add the lime
juice and pulse for a few more seconds.
- The texture should be crushed and creamy but not completely
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips, bread sticks,
crisp breads or toast fingers.