- Pre heat oven to 180/170f.
- Peel, rinse and chop the sweet potato into small 2-3cm pieces
and place in a jug of water in the microwave for 5 minutes, Remove
and drain off the water and set aside, this can be saved and used
to add to the soup when cooked,
- Place the sweet potato in an ovenproof dish, drizzle the olive
oil and honey over the top, mix in to coate all the potato. set
- Melt the butter in a medium size bowl, when melted, add the
- Tear the soughdough rolls into rough pieces and add into the
butter and chive mix, stir in until all pieces are coated, place
onto a greased ovenproof tray ensuring to seperate.
- Place both the sweet potato dish and crouton tray into the oven
for 20 mins. Or if using an air fryer, 10 mins on 180.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven, leave the croutons to
roast a little longer for crispness if required, then remove and
- Place the vegetable pack into a large saucepan with 1ltr of
water on a high heat bring to a boil.
- Crumble in the stock cube, curry powder, chilli flakes,
worcester sauce, tomato puree and salt and pepper and stir.
- When boiling point has been reached, turn the heat down to
medium for 10 minutes, then onto to simmer for the rest of cooking
cycle, remove from the heat when the vegetables are soft.
- please note...extra water can be added at anytime, use the
stock from the boiled sweet potato and allow the soup to reach
- Add the sweet potato and juices to the cooked vegetables and
using the dualit handblender, blend to preferred consistency,
(smooth, semi chunky etc).
- Add a little of the saved sweet potato water stock to the soup
for a varied consistency, continue to blend.
- Stir in the cream, and serve in pre warmed bowls.
- Top with the sourdough chive croutons and garnish with a little
Use vegan alternative stock cube and cream etc and gluten free
bread and olive oil for croutons.
To save time, roast double the amount of sweet potato at once
and freeze in small bags, take out the freezer when you make up
youir next batch of soup.
When cooking any green vegetables, save the water, allow to
cool, pour into a bag and freeze to add to further soups or
Loose fresh root vegetables can be used in place of pre packed
soup mixes, weigh and cut all the same size to ensure even
Customise your soup to suit... ie when cooked, seperate into
two, add cream to one half if vegan or lactose intolerant, also
individually customise the spice level.
This soup freeze very well.... double the quantity, freeze into
soup cups for a quick nutritious lunch, Use the dualit toaster to
toast a few slices of crusty bread, cut into soldiers and dunk into