Our friend's at Farrington's Mellow Yellow
have been inspired by the classic British Ploughman's, combining
cheddar cheese, sliced ham and a generous helping of pickle for
- Brush the outside of two slices of bread with the oil and place
one oiled side down on the cage.
- Spread pickle on one slice of bread and top with the sliced ham
- Place the other side of bread on top, oiled side facing
- Toast for 2 minutes or until golden brown (caution: it will be
hot!) then unplug your toaster and leave the toastie inside for a
further minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- Top with a sliced gherkin and enjoy your delicious
NOTE: Ensure the oiled side is on the outside against the
sandwich cage. This slows down the toasting, allowing all the
filling to heat and gives a delicious golden finish.
If you own a Classic
Toaster, click here to buy the Classic Sandwich Cage
If you own a Domus,
Architect or Lite Toaster, click here to buy a Sandwich