A lightly spiced biscuit that is tasty enough to enjoy all year round!
1. Preheat oven to 200c. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
2. Using the Food Processor (large bowl and dough blade) place all ingredients in bowl, except egg white and milk. Mix. Add sufficient milk to mix to a fairly soft dough.
3. Turn the dough to a floured surface, knead lightly until smooth, then roll out using a floured rolling pin to about 5mm thick. Cut the dough into rounds using your choice of biscuit cutters. Transfer the rounds to prepared sheets and bake for 15-20 mins.
4. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
5. Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar. Whisk for about 5 minutes using the Hand Mixer. Whisk slowly to start with to avoid clouds of icing sugar covering you and your kitchen!
6. Continue whisking until the ingredients form a thick, smooth paste that is bright white in colour and has the consistency of toothpaste.
7. To add colour, just stir in some colour paste until you get the colour you desire. If you are icing a large area, add a little water until you get a runnier consistency.
8. Pipe the icing onto the cooled biscuits using a piping bag. Cut the bag straight across to get a clean icing line. Ice your biscuits take a photo and share.
From time to time we would like to contact you with an email including exciting new product updates, competitions, offers and articles. Your information will be stored securely and will never be passed on to third parties.