Dualit Product Recipe:
Hummus Style Dip
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 0 mins
This nutritious dip uses store cupboard ingredients, made in
minutes in the Dualit Hand
- 1 small tin or 120g (4oz) cooked chick peas
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Hot water from the kettle
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika & salt
- Sprig of parsley
- Using a sieve, wash the chickpeas in warm water, then pat dry
with kitchen paper. Place in the chopper bowl with the garlic and
most of the lemon juice and whiz, using top speed.
- While blending, pour in a little olive oil through the feed
tube. Adding a tablespoon or two of hot water will prevent the
mixture from separating. Add salt and pepper to taste, and more
lemon juice if required.
- Spoon into a dish, drizzle on a little olive oil and sprinkle
with paprika. Using scissors, snip the parsley over the top.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal bread, pitta bread, cos lettuce
spears, tomato wedges and cucumber sticks.