Dualit Product Recipe
There is nothing quite like the smell of warm, freshly baked, homemade bread. This traditional farmhouse bread will not only create a mouth-watering aroma while it is baking, but the step-by-step instructions are easy to follow.
Serves 1kg loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 80-150 minutes, Cooking time: 25-35 minutes
There is nothing quite like the smell of warm, freshly baked,
homemade bread. This fantastic traditional farmhouse bread will not
only create a mouth-watering aroma while it is baking, but the
step-by-step instructions are easy to follow. Although this recipe
could be made by hand, we used the Dualit Food Processor to save time
- 500g strong white flour & extra for dusting
- 25g butter, cubed
- 1 ¼ tsp
- 7g easy bake dried yeast
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 1kg loaf tin, lightly greased
- In the large bowl fitted with the dough blade, Auto Pulse
together the dry ingredients.
- Process well, slowly adding the water through the feeder tube
until the flour forms a craggy ball - should take approximately 30
seconds. You may not need to add all of the water so only use what
- Leave the dough in the food processor to rise for approximately
20-30 minutes. Keep the lid on with the pusher in the feeder
- Pulse 3-4 times to knock the air out of the dough, then remove
and transfer to a lightly flavoured surface to shape, and place in
the tin, Cover with a clean cloth and leave to rise in a warm place
for another 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Lightly dust the loaf with flour, using a small sieve and slash
a few times with a sharp serrated knife. Bake on the middle shelf
for 25-35 minutes or until the crust is dark brown and the base
sounds hollow when tapped with your finger. Cool on a wire