Dualit Product Recipe:
Fresh Green Curry
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
Use your Dualit hand blender to make a fresh and aromatic curry
(enough for a curry for four) which can be stirred into chicken,
salmon or prawns for a delicious quick curry.
- 1 large fresh green chilli
- 1 cube fresh root ginger, approximately 3cm (1¼ inch)
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- a small bunch (about 40g/1½ oz)
- fresh coriander, with stalks
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps coconut cream, optional, but nice
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek, if available
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The paste makes enough for 3-4 chicken breasts or salmon
steaks, or 400g (14oz) of peeled prawns.
- Slit open the chilli, remove the seeds and stalk then roughly
chop and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Roughly chop the ginger (no need to peel) and add into the bowl
along with the garlic and half the oil.
- Snip in the coriander stalks but reserve the leaf sprigs.
- Pulse with the Dualit hand blender to a chunky purée then add
the remaining oil, coconut cream (if using), ground spices, lemon
juice and some salt and pepper.
- Whiz until smooth then add the coriander sprigs and pulse for a
few seconds to incorporate.
- Scoop the mixture into a lidded jar and keep in the fridge
- To make the curry, stir fry the chicken breasts (chopped), the
salmon (cubed), or the prawns in a little hot oil for 2-3 minutes
(the chicken will take longer than the fish - about 6-8 minutes,
depending on the size of the pieces) then mix in the curry
- Stir well, cook for 2-3 more minutes and add a small cup of
water to thin a little.
- Simmer for a couple more minutes and serve straight away with
steaming basmati rice.