Dualit Product Recipe:
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
This takes mashed potatoes into another dimension! Mash made
this way can double as a sauce for a roast or grill. Use the
Hand Mixer to make the potato
mixture smooth and creamy.
- 800g (1¾ lbs) large floury potatoes (a bit old are best)
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 200ml (7fl oz) whole milk
- salt and freshly milled pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters lengthwise, cover with
cold water in a saucepan, add salt, and boil gently until soft; you
should be able to crush them easily with the back of a spoon.
- Drain the potatoes well, return them to the dry pan, place on a
gentle heat, and shake them to steam off the excess moisture.
- Heat the butter and milk in a small pan until boiling.
- Tip potatoes into a deep bowl, break them up roughly with a
fork and then with the beaters on slow speed.
- On medium speed continue whisking, gradually adding the buttery
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For extra smooth and fluffy mash, change to the balloon whisk
and work until creamy and frothy.
- If you cannot serve immediately, cover with a thin film of milk
and cool before reheating.