1. Place the dark chocolate in a small, heat proof bowl over a
pan of boiling water. Stir continously and melt.
2. In a separate bowl, use the Dualit Hand Mixer
with whisk attachments to beat together the egg yolks and castor
sugar. Continue to mix until these are well combined, slightly
paler in colour and you have achieved a thick and creamy
3. Whisk half of the melted chocolate and
half of the double cream into the egg yolk and
sugar mixture. Once combined, add in the rest of the cream and
chocolate. Your mousse should be thick and glossy.
4. Spoon your chocolate mousse into 4 ramekins and allow to set
in the fridge before serving.
- To flavour your chocolate mousse, you can either use different
types of chocolate (E.G Orange or mint dark chocolate) or you can
add a small amount of zest to the top - we love orange or
- If you're entertaining guests of legal drinking age, add a
splash of Baileys to the chocolate mousse mix whilst you are adding
the double cream. Please note, this can affect the time it takes
for your mousse to set, so make sure that you allow for this.
- To serve, add fresh fruit and crumbled shortbread