These make great snacks for picnics or barbecues. For more
formal occasions, add a filling. If you use sun-dried tomatoes that
are in oil, drain off the oil and use in the recipe.
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp mixed herbs / chopped sage
- 50g (2oz) grated hard cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 140ml (¼ pt) milk
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 50g (2oz) sun-dried tomatoes, snipped small
- You will need two mini muffin trays, well brushed with softened
- Preheat oven to 200°, set to Bake, rack position C.
- Sieve together flour and salt, add herbs and grated cheese. Mix
together the egg, milk, oil and tomatoes, stir into the dry
ingredients with a fork, taking care not to over mix. The mixture
should be claggy and lumpy.
- Drop equal spoonfuls of the mixture into the tins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- These are lovely served warm. If serving cooled, cut a groove
through each with a serrated knife and fill with ribbons of thinly
sliced ham, and a drop of cranberry sauce.