700W Hand Blender
Subscribe & Save
Save 10% when you subscribe to coffee!
Find out more
Explore our offers
Checkout the latest Dualit offers
View all offers
Discover our range of baby products! Single & Double Bottle Warmers, Steam and UV Sterilisers that kill 99.9% of bacteria and a Baby Food Maker
View our Baby range
Providing professional chefs with reliable, heavy-duty products that are built to last.
View our Catering range
The Dualit Guarantee
Want to know more about product troubleshooting or guarantees? Read our handy guide that covers everything you’ll need to know.
Traced back as early as the medieval period, bread sauce came into existence after cooks discovered that bread could be used as a thickening agent for sauces. Our quick and easy bread sauce recipe is a great way to use leftover or slightly stale bread, and makes the perfect accompaniment for your Christmas dinner! We made this with our 700W Hand Blender.
1. Use the Dualit 700W Hand Blender with chopper bowl attachment blender to blitz the slices of bread into breadcrumbs.
2. Peel and cut the onion in half and place in a large saucepan alongside the whole cloves and bay leaves.
3. Pour in the milk, place on a medium heat to bring to simmering point.
4. Once simmering, remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and allow the milk to cool and infuse.
5. Using a sieve, pour the milk mix into a jug and discard the onion, cloves, bay leaves for composting. Once fully filtered, pour the milk back into the saucepan.
6. Stir in the breadcrumbs and place back onto a low heat for a few minutes. Bring the mixture back to a simmer, whilst stirring continously.
7. Optional: add a little more milk for a thinner consistency if preferred, and for a little extra flavour or a different taste, add a pinch of nutmeg or a teaspoon of mustard.
8. Once heated through, remove the milk mixture from the heat and quickly add the butter, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
9. Serve alongside your Christmas dinner, Sunday roast or whatever takes your fancy!
We've used the Dualit 700W Hand Blender with chopper bowl attachment to make the all important breadcrumbs for our bread sauce.