Add a touch of class to your kitchen
Discover rich flavours and enticing aromas of two single origin coffees in an environmentally friendly pod
Perfect for tea and coffee
Your robust, powerful and indispensable kitchen assistant
Higgidy make a delicious range of handmade pies, quiches, tarts
and slices. Whether you are looking for a winter warmer, light
summer bite or something different for your lunchtime snack,
Higgidy will have something to tempt your tastebuds.
These tasty pies made using the Dualit Food Processor are easy to make and
perfect for summer picnics!
For the pastry
For the filling
1. Place the flour and butter in a large bowl or food processor
with the salt. Stir or pulse until the butter is roughly cut up
into very small pieces throughout the flour. Then add the sour
cream and stir or pulse again for 2-3 seconds or until just mixed.
Shape into a flat disc, wrap in cling film and chill for 30
2. While your pastry is chilling, make the filling: simply put the
jam, strawberries, blueberries, cornflour and lemon juice in a bowl
and mix thoroughly.
3. Unwrap your pastry and roll out on a floured surface to the
thickness of a £1 coin. Cut our 8 x 12cm circles, re-rolling the
scraps if you need to. Divide the jammy mixture between the 8
circles, placing it in the bottom half of each circle and leaving a
4. Brush just the rim of pastry with beaten egg and fold over the
top half of pastry to create 8 little semi-circles. Secure the join
by pressing the back of a fork into the pastry.
5. Carefully transfer the pies to a baking sheet and pop them in
the freezer for 10 minutes to make sure they are really cold.
Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
6. Remove the pies from the freezer and brush each with beaten egg.
Sprinkle over the sugar and make three little slashes with a sharp
knife, on each pie.
7. Cook for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown and the berry
centre is starting to escape through the holes. Cool completely
To find out more about Higgidy please visit www.higgidy.co.uk