Frequently Asked Questions
My radio won’t turn on or there is no sound
- Check that the plug is pushed properly into the mains socket and the jack is secure in the side of the radio.
- If not on mains power, check batteries are charged.
I can hear an electronic ‘fuzz’
- This happens when the signal is very weak. Make sure the aerial is fully extended and try moving the radio near a window or higher up to improve reception.
- If you still can't get a particular station, check online to see if you are in the broadcast area for that station.
The rechargeable batteries are not charging
- Batteries only charge when your radio is in standby mode.
- Ensure the battery selector switch is set to 'rechargeable'.
- Batteries must all be the same type and mAh values.
A ‘?’ is displayed next to the DAB station name
- You are outside the broadcast area or the station is inactive.
The clock is wrong
- Connect the power adaptor and choose DAB mode to automatically reset the clock.
- Alternatively, reset the clock manually (see page 11 of the instruction manual).
Display reads ‘No Station Available’ in DAB mode
- The DAB signal isn't strong enough. Check the aerial is fully extended.
- Try moving the radio to improve reception (near a window or higher up) or tune into station manually.
- Your location may not receive DAB signals, check using an online DAB reception checker.
The screen keeps dimming
- The radio has gone into energy-saving mode (after 12 seconds). This does not mean the batteries are low. When any button is pressed the screen should return to full brightness.
I press buttons but nothing happens
- Remove batteries and unplug radio. Then restart.
- Restore factory settings as on page 20 of the instruction manual.
Batteries only charge when your radio is in standby mode.
Batteries only charge when your radio is in standby mode. Ensure the battery selector switch is set to ‘rechargeable’. Batteries must all be the same type and mAh values.
The radio will go into energy saving mode after 12 seconds.
The radio will go into energy saving mode after 12 seconds. This does not mean the batteries are low. When any button is pressed the screen will return to full brightness.
Remove the batteries, unplug the radio then try again
Remove the batteries, unplug the radio then try again. If this has no effect then you may need to restore the factory settings. Please note this cannot be undone.
To restore factory settings: press and hold the INFO button for 3 seconds until STATION ORDER (DAB mode) or FACTORY RESET (FM mode) are displayed. In DAB mode you will need to turn the TUNE knob until FACTORY RESET is displayed. Press to select. A full reset will be performed and all presets, station lists, time and alarm functions will be cleared. After the reset, the radio will perform a Quick Scan the first time you select DAB mode.