Frequently Asked Questions
My toaster is not working
- The toaster may not be properly connected to the power supply. Check the plug is in the socket and the switch is turned on
If your lever is not staying down, Check if the power neon is illuminated.If yes, unplug the toaster and call service centreIf no, your plug fuse may have blown
The toaster may have tripped the Residual-Current Device (RCD). Some crumbs or pieces of bread may be stuck in the toaster. Unplug, and allow to cool. Remove the crumb tray then turn the toaster upside down over a bin and gently shake the crumbs out.
I get uneven toasting
- Different bread types and sizes have been used at the same time. Ensure size and type of bread being toasted is the same.
- End elements take a little longer to warm up than centre elements. Once toaster is at optimum operating temperature this will no longer occur.
My toast doesn't pop up when the toaster has finished
- There may be a fault with the toaster. If the power neon remains illuminated, immediately unplug the toaster and call service centre.
- Your bread may be too thick: Slices thicker than 36mm will get stuck, hand cut slice must be cut evenly, using a 'sandwich cage' can make toasting thicker items easier.
One side of my bread is not toasting
- If set to Bagel setting only one side will toast. Press the bagel button to cancel the setting. Remember to insert bread from the very left hand slot.
Smoke coming out of the slots
- If this is the first time using your toaster, this is normal, your elements are being conditioned. This will dissipate after a few uses.
The crumb tray might be full. A build up of crumbs can burn or cause a fire. Empty the crumb tray.
Some crumbs or pieces of bread may be stuck in the toaster. Unplug, remove the crumb tray then turn the toaster upside down over a sink or bin and gently shake the crumbs out.