Origins ToasterView all Classic Range
Combining the best of Dualit design & engineering since 1946
Dualit has been working in partnership with John Lewis since the 1950's and the Origins Toaster has been designed exclusively for the retailer to celebrate its 150 year anniversary. Drawing on 69 years of manufacturing expertise, designed and hand built in the UK, the special edition Origins Toaster offers modern functionality with Dualit's exceptional timeless style.
Behind The Scenes...
Hand built in the UK:
Each one is hand-assembled and features the assembler’s individual mark on the base plate
Fully repairable or replaceable parts for a toaster that will last a lifetime
Unique patented ProHeat® elements:
Exclusive to Dualit, ProHeat elements have a protective armour plated layer covering the filament making them virtually unbreakable
- Built for commercial use
- Timeless styling: First designed in 1946 this award-winning classic is a design icon
- Versatile: The extra wide slots (28mm) accommodate large items
- Hardworking and robust: Used in commercial kitchens; it’s tough, durable and of solid engineering quality
- Energy-efficient slot-selector control allows you to only toast what you need
- Mechanical timer allows you to control your browning preferences
- Manually operated ejector lever lets you check bread whilst toasting
- High lift mechanism to remove small items easily
- Adjustable rear foot compensates for uneven surfaces
- Removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
Origins Toaster: the story behind the toaster
From the grooves on the chassis inspired by the very first Dualit Toaster, to the patented ProHeat® elements that could provide for generations of Great British breakfasts. This John Lewis 150 year anniversary toaster unites the very best of Dualit design from the 1940s to the present day, in one timeless toaster.
The grooves on the chassis take inspiration from the first Dualit Toaster - patented in 1946.
The famous ‘loaf of bread’ shape took form with the first commercial six slot toaster in the 1950s.
Found in the Dualit museum archives, this curvaceous 1960s logo still makes a stylish statement.
The angular stepped casting, first seen in the 1970s, brings nostalgia to the modern kitchen.
The sleek polished and coloured castings reflect the 1980s kitchen boom, fueling desire for commercial kitchen appliances in the family home.
A Vintage Toaster that meets modern day demands with Millennium Award winning patented ProHeat® elements.